Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BSAPSM's - Acronym Muffins

Brown - Sugar - Apple - Pumpkin - Spice - Muffins

*phew*



This month, I'm participating in Sugar High Friday's. Mostly, because I wanted an excuse to make a baked good. And also because I have like 7 pounds of Cortland apples on my kitchen counter, two butternut squishes and two pie pumpkins (plus the four cups of pumpkin puree that is used to be in my freezer.) ... Well, it seemed like time to do some baking.

This month, Dessert First hosted and, well, who doesn't go directly for Sugar and Spice?

Unfortunately, naming these monstrosities? Kind of a problem. So, I bring you Brown Sugar, Apple, Pumpkin, Spice Muffins. (You could probably cut this recipe in half - but trust me, don't. I actually made a second batch because I was sure that if I only brought one to work there would be a mutiny.)

Acronym Muffins
makes approximately 24 muffins

3 1/3 C Flour
2 C Brown Sugar
2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Baking Soda
1 t Ground Ginger
2 t Cinnamon
1/4 t Nutmeg

4 Eggs
2 Sticks Melted Butter
2 C Pumpkin Puree*

2 Cortland Apples Cut Into Tiny Tiny Pieces

Mix the dry together, making sure to break up any clumps. Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Combine until just mixed. This is a thick batter. Fold in the apple pieces gently. Use an ice cream scoop to fill greased muffin pan. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a cooling rack.



Eat too many.

Take Pepto.

Eat more.

Yum!

No comments: